CorelloHosting’s latest line of managed dedicated servers by Dell & Supermicro features Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) so your server can be managed remotely from anywhere in the world. IPMI is included at no additional charge.
What is IPMI?
In this case, IPMI provides better server management via hardware applied directly into the server’s motherboard and accessible through your CX client portal. Unlike other vendors that require a hardware key or software, all CorelloHosting’s Dell & SuperMicro motherboards include KVM-over-IP functionality.
This dedicated KVM-over-IP functionality and reboot capability allows you to control your server remotely. IPMI is an independently running system so even if your server is off or unresponsive, you can still use IPMI to access KVM or to reboot, via a network connection to the hardware.
Here’s how it works in picture form (click to maximize).
Best of all, there’s no need to contact our server technicians to perform any IPMI action.
The Benefits of IPMI
IPMI offers many benefits to CorelloHosting clients. Here’s just a few:
- Built into client portal for one-click management
- Remote reboot: power on and/or off instantly to avoid costly downtimes
- Remote recovery capabilities regardless of system state
- Hardware health monitoring that aids predictive failure analysis
- Independent of server so it’s standalone and always available
- Reduces Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR) by allowing “diagnose before dispatch”
- IPMI works with any OS
- Lowers your management costs as it’s free with all CorelloHosting servers
Besides IPMI, CorelloHositng’s talented system administrators are always staffed 24/7/365 for total server monitoring and maintenance. For any questions, you may have, hit us up on chat.